- Identify needy families. Assign each family a number.
- Prepare tags to be hung from a Christmas Tree to be erected in the back of church.
- On each tag, include a number assigned to a family and a gift for a family member, i.e. "Doll for 7 yr. old", "Men’s medium long sleeve shirt".
- Announce that parishioners may remove tags from the tree, purchase the gift on the tag, return the wrapped present beneath the tree with the tag attached.
- Make sure all presents are returned at least a week before Christmas, so that they can be sorted and delivered by Christmas Day by the Giving Tree Committee.